Join our exceptional team
Scientist, T Cell Biology
CERo Therapeutics, Inc. is a privately held biopharmaceutical company pioneering cell-based therapies that incorporate multiple forms of tumor clearance into single cells. We are seeking a Scientist to plan and execute on a broad range of cell-based functional and phenotypic assays for characterization of engineered T-cells to accelerate lead candidate designation. The successful candidate will design and conduct in vitro mechanism of action studies using primary human T cells to evaluate activity of candidate therapies, organize and analyze results, determine appropriate follow-up experiments, and communicate program progress to various stakeholders. The role will involve on-site laboratory work. The position is full time and based in South San Francisco, CA.
- Plan and execute a broad range of cell-based assays for the development and mechanistic understanding of novel T cell therapeutics, to accelerate projects in pre-clinical development.
- Analyze, document, and share experimental results in a timely manner.
- Present data regularly within the organization and make presentations for external stakeholders.
- Stay up to date with relevant literature, including published manuscripts and patents.
- Incorporate recent advances in relevant fields into experimental design and execution.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD in immunology, molecular biology, cell biology or a closely related discipline and 3+ years of recent academic or industry experience with in vitro assay development using primary immune cells.
- Master’s degree in immunology, molecular biology, cell biology or a closely related discipline, with 8+ years of experience as part of a multi-disciplinary biotech/pharma team to develop in vitro primary immune cell-based assays.
- In-depth understanding of/proficiency in
- Development of cell-based assays involving immune cells (proliferation, cytokine production, cytotoxicity, etc.)
- Multi-color flow cytometry
- Genetic modification of primary T cells
- Analysis of primary literature
- Ability to effectively prioritize, plan, and execute next steps based on experimental results in a fast-paced research environment.
- Team-oriented, can-do attitude. Motivated to contribute and to learn new techniques.
- Strong organizational, record-keeping and communication skills, both verbal and written.
Please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if interested
About CERo Therapeutics
CERo Therapeutics, Inc. is a privately held biopharmaceutical company pioneering cell-based therapies that incorporate multiple forms of tumor clearance into single cells. The company’s CER-T platform lies at the intersection of innate and adaptive cell clearance, combining the body’s natural signaling mechanisms, which are capable of recognizing and disposing of unwanted cells, with traditional T cell killing. This integrated approach draws on recent advances in molecular immunology and insights related to the downstream signaling of specialized receptors that cooperate to ingest and eliminate dangerous cells and pathogens. To learn more about the company and its pioneering science, please visit www.cero.bio.
CERo Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or age, and CERo? will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics.