Join our exceptional team
Senior Scientist, Pipeline Development
CERo Therapeutics, Inc. is a privately held biopharmaceutical company pioneering cell-based therapies that incorporate multiple forms of tumor clearance into single cells. We are seeking a Senior Scientist to lead the development of one of our solid tumor programs. The successful candidate will design and execute experiments, organize and analyze results, determine appropriate follow-up experiments, and communicate program progress to various stakeholders. Lead designation and IND enabling studies are goals of this program. The role will involve on-site laboratory work. Successful candidates will have had direct hands on experience handling immune cells and experience leading a team. The position is full time and based in South San Francisco, CA.
- Execute and lead a team on a broad range of cell based functional and phenotypic assays for characterization of engineered T-cells to accelerate projects in pre-clinical development.
- Conduct in vitro mechanism of action studies using primary human cells to evaluate activity of candidate therapies.
- Provide support for T cell expansion and downstream characterization of T cell function via flow-based and IncuCyte cytotoxicity assays, cytokine release and proliferation testing and phenotyping.
- Manage internal projects in cell therapy drug development, including cross-functional collaborations with translational leads in multiple therapeutic and research areas
- Communicate regularly and prepare and make presentations within the organization and to various external stakeholders.
- Support regulatory submissions, regulatory interactions, write/review translational sections for regulatory response and answer to regulatory queries
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD degree in cellular biology, immunology, stem cell biology, or a closely related field with 3 to 7 years of academic and/or industry experience
- In-depth knowledge of fundamentals of immunology, immune oncology, and tumor biology in solid and hematological malignancies
- Experience performing T-cell based functional assays and multi-color flow cytometry
- Experience with T-cell product generation and CAR-T biology preferred
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Cell therapy biotechnology experience preferred; comfortable in a fast-paced, innovative, smaller biotech setting
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if interested
About CERo Therapeutics
CERo Therapeutics, Inc. is developing cell-based therapies that incorporate multiple forms of tumor clearance into single cells. The company’s CER-T platform lies at the intersection of innate and adaptive cell clearance, combining the body’s natural signaling mechanisms, which are capable of recognizing and disposing of unwanted cells, with traditional T cell killing. The integrated approach draws on recent advances in molecular immunology and insights related to the downstream signaling of specialized receptors that cooperate to eliminate dangerous cells and pathogens. To learn more about the company and its pioneering science, please visit www.cero.bio.
CERo Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or age, and CERo? will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics.