Join our exceptional team
Sr. Research Associate, Process Development (104)
HOME OFFICE: SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA
ON-SITE WORK REQUIRED
CERo Therapeutics, Inc., is a privately held biopharmaceutical company pioneering cell-based therapies that incorporate multiple forms of tumor clearance into single cells. The company’s core technology platform engineers T cells to express immune receptors called chimeric engulfment receptors (CERs) that enable T cells to target, induce cellular damage, uptake tumor antigen, and remove tumor cells. This approach effectively unites the anti-tumor attributes of both innate and adaptive immune responses into a single T cell product. Our vision is a new class of cell-based medicines with the potential for more complete and durable anti-tumor responses, while maintaining a favorable toxicity profile across multiple cancer indications.
We are looking for a full-time Sr. Research Associate, Process Development to support development and qualification of methodologies and assays related to cell therapy product and process development. In this role, a qualified individual will engage with members of CERo’s Process Development and Research teams to build a cell manufacturing process to support pipeline development, IND submission and FIH clinical trials.
- Isolate and culture primary human T cells
- Perform laboratory procedures including T cell activation, retroviral transduction, expansion and characterization of engineered T cell products
- Analyze human T cell cultures and products using a wide range of methodologies including cell based functional assays (co-culture), ELISA, PCR and flow cytometry
- Track and compile results in an electronic notebook
- Present results internally to other CERo functional teams
- Support generation and review of SOPs, qualification and study reports
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Preferred BA/BS: 4 years or MA/MS: 2 years in Immunology or related field
- Experience with isolation of primary human T cells from peripheral blood
- Cell culture skills including maintaining cell lines and primary T cells
- Experience with common T cell/ immunological assays such as co-culture, ELISA, PCR and flow cytometry
CERo is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation.
CERo Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for CERo. Unsolicited resumes sent to CERo from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and/or recruiting agency and CERo and do not obligate CERo to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.
CERo Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or age, and CERo? will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics.