Join our exceptional team
Sr. Research Associate, Research T-Cell Therapy (103B)
HOME OFFICE: SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA
ON-SITE WORK REQUIRED
CERo Therapeutics, Inc., is a privately held biopharmaceutical company pioneering cell-based therapies that incorporate multiple forms of tumor clearance into single cells. The company’s core technology platform engineers T cells to express immune receptors called chimeric engulfment receptors (CERs) that enable T cells to target, induce cellular damage, uptake tumor antigen, and remove tumor cells. This approach effectively unites the anti-tumor attributes of both innate and adaptive immune responses into a single T cell product. Our vision is a new class of cell-based medicines with the potential for more complete and durable anti-tumor responses, while maintaining a favorable toxicity profile across multiple cancer indications.
We are looking for a full-time Sr. Research Associate, Research T-Cell Therapy to plan and execute the cloning and testing of CERs in immune cells. You will be helping selecting and developing lead candidates for the CER platform that enhance the capability of the cells.
The successful candidate will support in vitro screening & functional characterization of T cell receptors for the development of personalized neoantigen directed T cell therapies. More specifically, the individual will develop, validate and execute high-throughput cell-based assays to characterize T cell activation and cytotoxicity in vitro and support lead-finding/optimization efforts.
- Plan and execute cloning strategies to support genetic modification of lymphocytes
- Expression analysis in primary T cells
- Support in vitro screening & functional characterization of T cell receptors for the development of personalized neoantigen directed T cell therapies
- Develop, validate and execute high-throughput cell-based assays to characterize T cell activation and cytotoxicity in vitro and support lead-finding/optimization efforts
- Will collaborate with multi-disciplinary project team that will coordinate with other groups to advance personalized cellular therapies
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Preferred BA/BS: 4 years or MA/MS: 2 years in Molecular Biology or related field
- Extensive hands-on experience in molecular biology and mammalian cell culture
- In-depth understanding of: Cloning strategies and DNA manipulation
- Should be familiar with Gibson/In-fusion assembly and other cloning methods
- Familiar with DNA software such as Geneious or Snapgene and designing plasmid maps and cloning strategies
- Familiar with various transfection methods, in particular electroporation
- Experience culturing and manipulating T cells is a plus
- Experience handling RNA is also a plus
- Cell line engineering and development is a plus
CERo’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, flexible vacation, commuter benefits and 401K match!
CERo is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation.
CERo Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for CERo. Unsolicited resumes sent to CERo from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and/or recruiting agency and CERo and do not obligate CERo to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.
To apply: please reach out to: email@example.com
CERo Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or age, and CERo? will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics.