Join our exceptional team
Sr. Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology (105)
HOME OFFICE: SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA
ON-SITE WORK REQUIRED
CERo Therapeutics, Inc., is a privately held biopharmaceutical company pioneering cell-based therapies that incorporate multiple forms of tumor clearance into single cells. The company’s core technology platform engineers T cells to express immune receptors called chimeric engulfment receptors (CERs) that enable T cells to target, induce cellular damage, uptake tumor antigen, and remove tumor cells. This approach effectively unites the anti-tumor attributes of both innate and adaptive immune responses into a single T cell product. Our vision is a new class of cell-based medicines with the potential for more complete and durable anti-tumor responses, while maintaining a favorable toxicity profile across multiple cancer indications.
We are looking for a full-time Sr. Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology to head CERo’s In Vivo Pharmacology team. This role will be a critical part of the Research organization and will be responsible for coordinating strategy, including the development and implementation of in vivo murine and non-human primate models that focus on understanding the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic profiles of autologous engineered T cell products and translation to relevant safety and efficacy determination.
The successful candidate will have a consistent record in cell therapy drug development, ranging from animal model selection, optimization, and validation, leading to IND submission. Responsibilities include building and leading an efficient team, experimental design, and execution. In addition, strong data analysis, interpretation and presentation skills are required to aid in strategic corporate decision making related to CERo’s pipeline development.
- Build and be responsible for the In Vivo Pharmacology research team (scientist to RA level)
- Commit to the company’s pipeline development strategy to identify and characterize lead CER candidates for IND and FIH studies
- Work collectively with colleagues in Research, Process Development, Vector Sciences and Clinical Development to efficiently identify pipeline candidates for IND development
- Management of resources to conduct internal and CRO-based activities related to murine and primate efficacy and safety models
- Resolve pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic profiles of human engineered T cell products
- Work with Research and Process Development teams to establish relevant animal models to characterize T cell product function
- Prepare study reports, internal/ external presentations and support regulatory documents related to IND/ FIH activities
EDUCATION AND PREFERRED SKILLSET:
- Preferred BA/BS: 10 years or MA/MS: 8 years or PhD: 5 years post graduate work
- Degree in Pharmacology, Toxicology, Cancer Biology, Immunology or a related field
- Minimum 4 years industry experience
- Deep understanding of sound preclinical pharmacological model design and execution to evaluate autologous cell therapy products for the evaluation of PK/PD and biomarker relationships
- Industry level experience working with CROs to design, validate and execute in vivo animal models with autologous cell therapy products
- Ownership of in vivo pharmacology data and presentation in company and external meetings
- Track record of scientific achievement through publications, patents, and invited presentations
- Capacity to identify gaps and implement new processes to enhance cell therapy development workflows
- Experience with laboratory techniques including T cell culture, PCR, ELISA, flow cytometry, IHC and next generation sequencing
- Proficiency with various in vivo skills including dosing (IV, PO), blood/tissue collection, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an internal team alongside external activities (CRO) related to in vivo experiments
CERo’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, commuter benefits and 401K match!
CERo is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation.
CERo Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for CERo. Unsolicited resumes sent to CERo from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and/or recruiting agency and CERo and do not obligate CERo to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.
CERo Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or age, and CERo? will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics.