Join our exceptional team
Research Associate, Cell Engineering
CERo Therapeutics, Inc. is a privately held biopharmaceutical company pioneering cell-based therapies that incorporate multiple forms of tumor clearance into single cells. We are seeking a research associate in our cell engineering group to evaluate in vitro efficacy and function of cellular therapy candidates. The successful candidate will have direct hands on experience handling immune cells. The position is full time and based in South San Francisco, CA.
What you will do
- Report to and support PhD scientist leading cell engineering research effort
- Evaluate in vitro responses to evaluate efficacy and function of cellular therapy candidates
- Assist in developing models and tools including cell line generation
- Investigate and implement technologies to facilitate cellular engineering
- Employ strategies for the genetic modification of cells.
- Rigorously document study results at a level to support IND filings
- Effectively communicate and present findings in multidisciplinary team settings
What you will bring
- Demonstrated capability to conduct and optimize human cell engineering methods
- Preferred Technical proficiencies: primary cell culture - especially lymphocytes, multi-color flow cytometry, fluorescent microscopy, cell-based assays
- Experience in working with lentivirus production and transduction is desirable
- Expertise in cell-based assays including proliferation analysis, cytokine/chemokine analysis, cytotoxicity
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize efforts, achieve objectives, meet deadlines, adapt, and excel in a close, fast-paced team environment
- BS/BA in biology, molecular and cell biology, immunology or related field
- 3 - 5+ years of relevant experience or MS with 2+ years of experience
- Biotech or pharma industry experience preferred; experience in small biotech startup a plus
CERo Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or age, and CERo? will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics.