Join our exceptional team
Research Associate, Viral Vector
CERo Therapeutics, Inc. is a privately held biopharmaceutical company pioneering cell-based therapies that incorporate multiple forms of tumor clearance into single cells. We are seeking a research associate in the vector core laboratory to plan and execute viral vector production and quality control assays to support genetic modification of immune cells. The successful candidate will have direct hands on experience in lentiviral and/or retroviral production. Experience in molecular biology and cell biology techniques would be helpful. The position is full time and based in South San Francisco, CA.
What you will do
- Plan and execute weekly lentiviral and retroviral production to support genetic modification of immune cells
- Quality control of vector preparations using ELISA, flow cytometry and ddPCR
- Willingness to take on responsibilities outside of initial job description
What you will bring
- Extensive hands-on cell culture experience
- Hands-on experience in viral vector preparation and virus transduction
- Great attention to detail.
- Knowledge of molecular and cellular biology. Experience with droplet digital PCR (ddPCR) is a plus.
- Must have excellent organization, planning skills, and the ability to work under timelines in a fast-paced environment. Good verbal and written communication.
- Strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic.
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn and adopt new experimental skills as needed is essential.
- Industry experience in Biotech or Pharma is desirable, but we will consider candidates with relevant academic experience.
- BS, or MS in Molecular Biology or related field with 0-5 years experience. Previous experience in Biotech field preferred.
Desired Key Competencies
- Experience with transient transfections
- Experience with lentiviral and/or retroviral vector production
- Extensive, hands-on cell culture experience
- Experience with flow cytometry would be helpful
- Experience with quantitative PCR and/or droplet digital PCR would be helpful
CERo Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or age, and CERo will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics.